Why Give Online?
Online Giving is the process of contributing to the work of FBC electronically. You may authorize your bank to deduct a specified amount from your account without having to write a check. You may use your credit or debit card to contribute to the work of the church, just like you pay bills or order merchandise online. And it´s safe and secure.
Benefits of Online Giving
- You can prioritize giving in your budget. The Bible indicates giving is to be a "first" and not a last or leftover matter in your life. Read Proverbs 3:9-10. It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the press of expenses and billing cycles. With online giving, your giving is done automatically.
- You can increase your faithfulness. Have you ever forgotten your gift, left it at home or pledged to double it in the future? Have you had times where you have fallen behind because of travel and other schedule interruptions? You can set up a one-time or recurring gift, to the general fund, building fund, or any other church-approved fund, by including that information in the comment section. Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness.
- You can help your church. Through online giving, you expedite your gift, simplify our accounting, and strengthen our base of regular support.
- You can encourage faith and faithfulness in the lives of fellow believers. As you plan and prioritize your giving, you will lead the way for others to grow and mature in their spiritual stewardship. Being a forerunner in this new area of planned giving, you can provide personal testimony and example for others to follow.
- You can pay for any church event (youth, children, etc.) or your child's Small Steps tuition online as well. You will need to click the "Other" link in the drop down menu. Please make a notation under Additonal Informaiton for which event/area this is for and the name of the child (if applicable). If you have any questions regarding paying for events or tuition online, please call the Financial Office in the church office at 334-393-LOVE (5683).
The link below will take you to a secure site, where you can make a one-time gift or set up your own recurring tithes and offerings. When funds are transferred from your checking or savings account, or charged to your credit or debit card, they are directly deposited to the church account and the church finance office receives notification allowing us to properly credit your giving record.
E-checking (Electronic Funds Transfer) is, of course, the church's preferable way to go, as there are smaller bank fees for us to pay for each transaction. You also have the option of using your debit card number. Many people use credit cards for all expenditures, to help with record keeping, or to gain bonuses. But credit card debt is rampant and a terrible albatross, which we do not condone. Please do not make contributions with a credit card if you are unable to pay off your card every month.